Thursday, January 27, 2011

Breckin

Breckin is such an amazing girl.....
One evening she was picking her clothes out for school the next day (which I don't even have to ask her to do). She was asking what would look good with the shirt she had picked, I told her to get some jeans. She immediately started to cry.

Me- What
Breckin- I don't like to wear jeans.
Me- Why, does your bum crack hang out when you sit down?
Breckin- No, My legs look fat when I sit down!

OH MY GOSH....What have I done to my daughter....She has listened to me every time I have said I feel like I look fat, or that I don't like my thighs (cause I really don't)
I am so sorry I have passed my insecurities to you!

So she is still crying

Me- What now? (me still reeling in what I had just heard)
Breckin- I don't want to tell you.
Me- To bad now you have to tell me.
Breckin- It's something that you do, that I don't like.
Me- (oh dear)
Breckin- I don't like it when you SWEAR!

Wow, talk about putting myself in check...
Thank you Breckin for helping me be a better person

No swearing or talking about my fat---guess I won't be saying much...

1 comment:

  1. Not swearing is my goal for this year. I do it way too much.

    It's crazy how much they listen, isn't it? And she's gorgeous (as are YOU and your thighs).

    ReplyDelete